The director of nursing services (DON) at The Terraces at San Joaquin Gardens will manage the skilled nursing team members to provide high-quality services to the residents of The Village in the only continuing care retirement community in Fresno.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Partners with each resident in a knowing relationship to anticipate needs;
- Make daily rounds to observe care;
- Review audits and nursing documentation to ensure accuracy and completion;
- Works as a productive, supportive, and communicative team member with staff, residents, family members, vendors, and consultants;
- Manage admissions to the HCC, and coordinate with other departments;
- Monitor discharges to ensure a quality experience and documentation;
- Supervise and train licensed staff, with indirect leadership of CNAs;
- Maintain and or establish appropriate policies and procedures;
- Monitor MDS, nurse documentation, and training within the department;
- Assist in quality assurance and assessment functions;
- Provide effective and courteous service to all residents, staff, guests, and vendors;
- Promote and protect the rights of our residents;
- Assist in campus activities and provide counsel as needed;
- Perform other related essential duties as required.
Candidate must be a registered nurse in the state of California, with at least five years of experience in a leadership role at a skilled nursing facility. A bachelor's degree is desirable. Experience in person-directed environments is preferred but not required.
ABHOW HR Department
6120 Stoneridge Mall Rd. 3rd Floor
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Phone: 925-924-7224 or 1-800-222-2469, Ext. 7224