Grand Lake Gardens, a continuing care retirement community in Oakland, California, is seeking an experienced, strategic-thinking, hospitality-minded and passionate leader to serve as executive director. The community includes 90 residential living apartments and provides assisted living services through its residential plus program. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and leadership skills as well as the drive to be the best.
The executive director (ED), under general direction, will administer directives set forth by the board of directors and president of American Baptist Homes of the West; conduct affairs of the local community in accordance with federal, state and local standards, laws and ordinances; and manage and control the functions of all departments of the retirement community to provide quality services within budgetary boundaries.
The ED supervises all department heads and clerical staff; coordinates the operations and delivery of services by the departments of the community; insures programs to enhance welfare of residents; assists in resident assessment and care planning; counsels and responds to requests and/or complaints from residents and family members; administers and monitors the operational budget and capital budget; and provides leadership in all aspects of management of the continuing care retirement community.
• A love for working with seniors and a passion for serving them.
• Bachelor’s degree with a major in a discipline concerned with service to people such as business, public or hospital administration, social work, gerontology, hospitality, or a related field. Master's degree preferred.
• At least three years of experience working at a senior management level in housing or services administration with a focus on hospitality services.
• At least two years of experience working in the field of a corporation with multiple locations. Housing or service administration serving 300+ customers each day preferred.
• A valid and current license to administer an RCFE.
This position is based in Oakland, California. Qualified candidates may submit their resume to TMcGuinness@abhow.com.
ABHOW HR Department
6120 Stoneridge Mall Rd. 3rd Floor
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Phone: 925-924-7224 or 1-800-222-2469, Ext. 7224